Re: Fans at highway speeds...

jmbrodsky@domain.elided wrote:
>         The general consensus with the gurus was that one does not need a
>      fan at highway speeds due to air volume and that a flex fan does no
>      work at speed.
>
>         Today, scout throws BOTH fan/alt belts on the way into work.  I
>      thought it was just road derbis noise.  8 miles later, overheat.

Ahh.. you missed one very important item, Joel.  You don't need the
*fan* but you *do* need the WATERPUMP to cycle the coolant!

>      Valentine will allow it.  Tom M, have fun doing whatever kind of dirty
>      work you;ll be doing.  I'll be staying clean most likely.

<grin>  Hey, Landry's the one changing motors out this weekend.. not
me!  I'll probably just clean the shop (it needs it) and get the Scout
more "trip worthy" in preparations for a trip west next month... plus
preparing for a ski trip I have planned for Monday.. so there!  I'm
takin' her skiing! :-)

-Tom