Starter Questions

Okay, trying to figure out this starter problem, and I have a few
questions.  My WM is a '74, and I think it has the electronic ignition-I
have not torn the top off of the distributor cap to play with it, yet,
but it appears it has a gold box on the firewall.  Anyway, I went to
look at the starter on my '73 to compare the hookups and see what I was
missing.  On my Scout it looks like there are four wires going to the
positive post on the starter.  On the WM, I only have three hooked up.
Did I lose one somewhere?  I am going to crawl back under and look and
see if I can find another wire that I lost track of, but I don't think
there is another one under there.
Also, anyone with this vintage WagonMaster or T'all (100 Series), how in
the Sam Hill do you get the starter out of there?  I tried to pry it out
and there was NO clearance.  I took the selenoid off to buy some
room-still NO clearance.  I have tried turning and twisting it in every
direction, and literally cannot squeeze it out.  The arms from the front
suspension are holding it in place.  Woould I have to jack up the body a
little from the suspension in order to get the starter out?  This seems
like a big hassle just to take out a starter!  Anyone ever have this
problem?

Thanks!

Michael