Re: Do You Know Your Dipsticks?!

On Sun, 17 Jan 1999 21:10:04 -0600 "Peter F. Ferris"
<pferris@domain.elided> writes:
>Greetings Digesters,
>
>Can anyone advise me the application(s) for an oil dipstick with part #
>398316-CII  <-- I can not say for certain if the last two characters are
"eye's"
>or "ell's" or "one's".
>
>What I know;  This stick was used in a 345 for a Scout and/or a
>Travelall.
>
>Question: Is this a valid stick for a '72 T-all 1010 345 a/t 2WD?

398316-C11 is the correct dipstick for a Scout 800 4-196.  I didn't find
it in the Scout II or the 74-75 Travelall parts books.  Perhaps it was
correct for a 72 Travelall--after all, all it requires is a tube of
correct length to make it show full when the proper amount of oil is in
the engine so even if it's not the right one, you should be able to make
it work.  You might have to change the oil to insure you've got the right
amount to calibrate the stick with.

The characters after the C or R are always numbers so it is a C Eleven.

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]