Re: Veggans Vs Beefeaters

Well let me first say that I am a big omnivore. I like my veggies (and
even tofu) but mostly for the health concerns. There is nothing I like
better (foodwise) than a big 'ole slab of beef, lamb or pork.

But just to be fair here are some stats I received from a vegitarian.
The first one, at least, rings true to me.
---------------
One acre of land can produce 40,000 pounds of potatoes, or 250 pounds of
beef. Fifty-six percent of all U.S. farmland is devoted to beef
production, and to produce each pound of beef requires 16 pounds of
edible grain and soybeans, which could be used to feed the hungry.

Twenty percent of the corn grown in the U.S. is eaten by people. Eighty
percent of the corn and 95% of the oats grown in the U.S. is eaten by
livestock. The percentage of protein wasted by cycling grain through
livestock is calculated by experts as 90%.

This year alone, twenty million people worldwide will die as a result of
malnutrition. One child dies of malnutrition every 2.3 seconds. One
hundred million people could be adequately fed using the land freed if
Americans reduced their intake of meat by a mere 10%.
---------------
There is also a lot of stuff about deforestation, etc... I think one
could probably find lots more stuff by even doing a search on Vegetarin
in yahoo or somewhere.

Sorry to digress from our topic. so....

I am contemplating replacing the headliner in the back of my Travellall.
It's like a peg-board type material (pressboard not masonite) with
really small holes. Has anyone had luck with doing this with supplies
from a standard home center (Home Depot, etc...)?

--
Eric Hegstrom                                   tele: 520-617-0072 x402
Sonoran Scanners, Inc.             email: ehegstrom@domain.elided