Re: rocker play

In a brilliant stroke of genius, Kurt McDowell <gmcd@domain.elided> blurted
out:

>    I've got a question I cant seem to find an answer from fromany local "engine experts". I have the 9 support rocker shafts
>in my 345 The inner diameter of my rockers is about .030
[snip]

Grant,

Which style rocker arms are we talking about... the "boat" style or the
"cast" style (which look like folded metal) with the replaceable bushing.
I have a set of both handy at home and will measure them tonight once I
know which one we are looking at.  What's the year and serial number of the
engine?

I believe the specs you mentioned are for the older cast style rocker and
not the newer boat style.  The boat style are *much* looser... almost
sloppy one could say.  That's just they way they're designed.

Regards,

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com    |
Conservative Libertarian      |
Life Member of the NRA        |        All the GOOD things in life
WA Arms Collectors            |              are DANGEROUS!
Commercial Helicopter - Inst. |
www.halcyon.com/jlandry/      |