Re: Emission plugs

In a brilliant stroke of genius, "Bill Thebert"
<bthebert@domain.elided> blurted out:

>I think there's some miscommunication going on here.
[snip]

Bill,

I figured out what they were talking about with the "chirp" or whistle
problem when I started looking at the whole problem.  Personally I don't
*care* about a damn chirp if I can avoid spending $4.00 each (plus
shipping) for a plug from Navistar!  I know... I'm a cheap SOB.

I'm going to be doing some porting and reliving work on this area, and for
starters I plan to remove the "hump" in the exhaust port that formerly held
the tube.  Next, I'll radius the edges of the threaded hole from inside the
exhaust port and I'm willing to bet there won't be much of a chirp left!

Thanks for the warning anyway.

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com      |
Conservative Libertarian        |  Scout(R) the America others pass by
Life Member of the NRA          | in the Scout Traveler escape-machine.
WA Arms Collectors              |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | 1976 Scout II Traveler "Patriot" model
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |     1977 Scout II Traveler (Parts)