Air compressors

>Subject: Re: Air Compressors
>
>Chad,
>
>I'd get the traditional piston type compressor.  It will get a lot of
>running.  The oil free have to be diaphram compressors, I just don't feel
>comfortable with these compressors.
>
>Steve

Chad and Steve,

Don't know anything about Sears compressors now, but I used to have an
oiless with graphite impregnated piston rings. At that time, Sears made
no oil free diaphragm compressors, and I doubt if they do now. It did a
good job, but wouldn't have stood up to what my twin piston compressor
goes through. Funny thing, Chad, it seems that no matter how big your
compressor is, you always wish you had a bigger one. My present
compressor seemed like that ultimate solution, but can't keep up with
some of my air tools. Its like a 4.7 cfm at 80 lbs. pressure, but can't
always keep up. I also wish I had gotton an upright tank, as I think it
would be a lot easier to get the water out. The small diameter rounded
bottom seems to me to be a natural water trap that would allow easy
draining.
Regards,
John Hofstetter