holley 2300 carbs

   I recentily converted my stock carb over to a Holley 2300 series
carb.  Th conversion went fine with one excieption.....  the fuel
mixture is extremely ritch.  I consulted  the FAQ index and one person
changed the jets from #73's to #63's to pass the emissions test.  But in
the "big white book" (the shop manual)on the "specifications" sheet fir
the 2300 carb it states the the main jets should be #52's.  Would
changing the jets fix my fuel mixture problem?  I saved the jets out of
my stock carb but the are #522's could i use these or does any one have
a better suggestion?

Dazed and extremily CONFUSED,

Scott

     P.S.  Dan,     My SO thinks that if I could I would sleep with my
Scout instead of her........... HMMMM  :-)