Tom's ski racks

Tom,
I fabricated a travel top mount lumber/ladder rack for the 79 Scout II I used
to own. The clamps I used for this rack were made out of short sections of
angle iron with slots cut in them for length adjusabillity and a bolt with a
wing nut to tighten it up against a flat bar that set inside the gutter. The
angle iron slides under the gutter and holds everything in place just fine. If
you need a thighter bite on the gutter install another short bolt above the
wing nut that the angle iron will hit and drive the lower side into the top
below the gutter.  I hauled many a stack of lumber on this setup back in my
carpentry days. Buy some of that plasti-dip stuff they use on tool handles to
keep from scratching that fine paint job and your in business.