Hummers getting stuck

     matt & stacy sopher wrote:

     > So what you are really saying is that Hummers actually can get
     stuck!

     During our MASSIVE October snow storm a year ago here in Colorado, my
     Scout II and I were volunteering to transport emergency personnel to
     and from hospitals, Police Dept, etc.

     I was sent to pick up a Police Dept dispatcher in a certain part of
     town that was particularly hard hit by the storm. The Scout was
     chained up in the front, and I still could not make it all the way to
     her home through 5 and 6 foot drifts, so I stopped to plan my next
     move.

     Up behind me pulled in a military Hummer, chained on all fours and
     operated by 3 GI's. Turns out they were dispatched for the same
     person, so I said go for it.

     They attempted to follow my tracks but could not make any more headway
     than I had, and ended up stuck (I think their extra width was a
     hindrance).

     I pulled up behind them and drug out the winch cable to help them out
     of their situation. One of the  season's highlights for me!

     Yes, Hummers DO GET STUCK- I only wish I had a camera to document the
     fact.

     steve_cavender@domain.elided