Re: Hummers getting stuck

>      Yes, Hummers DO GET STUCK- I only wish I had a camera to document the
>      fact.
>
>      steve_cavender@domain.elided

Well, I don't have a Hummer getting stuck story, but about five years
ago, while living in Taos, NM, we got a pretty good snow storm to start
the season.  I was working at one of the Hotels at the base, and several
of my co-workers lived up one of the switch-back roads up the mountain.
One of them had a Passport or Rodeo, and the other had a Pathfinder.
They found that they couldn't make it up the hill, and were having to
park at the bottom of the hill and walk up and down.  I was driving my
'68 T'all, and offered to give them a ride.  They assured me that I
couldn't make it, and I-having bravened myself with a few shots at the
time-assured them I could.
Well, to make a long story short, I got them up there, though I stalled
myself out once-no fault of the trucks, but of my own.  I dropped them
off, and went back down the hill.  The roads at the bottom were much
clearer, so I hopped out to unlock the hubs, only to find that I had
never even locked them!!!  I attribute this to the shots as well!
Anyway, it was rumored that the only guy in the Ski Valley that could go
up that hill after a storm was the guy that owned one of the hotels and
had a Hummer.  That rumor changed after my episode with the T'all.  I
guess it was just the low gearing and all that weight.  Regardless, that
is probably the episode that won me over as a devotee' of IH's for life.
One of the best stories I have.

Michael