Deer/Scout Collision

Binders,

Last Friday night I was on my way home from the bar around 2:30 in the
morning, doing about 70 mph in the Scout.  I was about 3/4 mile from home
when all of a sudden, WHAM, I hit a deer.  There is a creek that runs along
side of the road for a little way, before turning north, where the ditch
would normally be.  The deer (a good size white tail doe) was down in the
creekbed where I couldn't see it, then jumped in front of me at the last
second.  I didn't see it until the moment of impact.  Well, I turned
around>to check the deer out.  It was really mangled, too bad to get any
meat.  I
got home and checked the Scout out.  The damage is not too bad.  The front
bumper took almost all of the impact and was bent back quite a way on the
passenger side, so that the tire would rub when making a left turn.  The
grille is also broken and the front signal lights and the panel they sit in
are busted up.  The radiator escaped unscathed.  Just cosmetic damage on the
Scout.  No biggie.  I'm just glad I was in the Scout at the time instead on
my Escort ZX2.  I could have been seriously injured at 70 mph in that
little>s!$t shaker.  The Scout on the other hand hardly seemed to notice.

Mike Marentette
74 Travelall 345, thermoquad, 727
79 Scout II, 345, 727, Dana 20, Dana 44's, 4" Triangle lift