Re: Wet road drinving comments sought please

Thought I'd throw my $.02 worth into this:

I've had my Scout (Terra - no load in back) up to Truckee a couple of times
in the snow. I found it to be very stable in the snow actually and with my
A/T type 30" Dunlops, I had little trouble. However, I know I told you all
the famous "ice" story and how I did my best Richard Petty imitation
driving backwards down the road when the rear end came around before the
front end.

But, I also found that in 4WD, I couldn't get the thing to spin, even
"gunning" it on wet snow while turning. No matter how hard I pushed it, it
was easy to recover while using 4WD. Just let up on the accelerator, keep
your foot off the brake and let the wheel return to "straight ahead". I'm
sure that ice on the road makes all the difference in the world. But a few
feet of snow doesn't even slow a Scout in 4WD.

Of course, I haven't tried this out with the Traveler top on it yet. :-)

Tom H.