IH Parts/Fiche --Comments Please

Hello,
I spoke again with the ex-IH dealership. Seems they have boxed and
stowed away all their IH parts (damn, just three days ago!), so
looking through it is impossible.  I am trying to get a manifest
copy, since there are parts for all IH trucks and probably
very little for Scout.  I will then need to know part numbers of
desirable Scout bits and hope the quantities will convince them that
a search is financially lucrative for them.  In the interim, I have
been thinking of exactly what parts I would be willing to buy as
spares and shelve for who-knows-when.  Sometime I get carried away
over spares, only to never need the part I keep tripping over!  Of
course, I could immediately use a 196/392 rear seal (I think the same
for 304/345 as well -but I know there are none of these in their
pile).  I could use a few gasket sets, but it seems last time I asked
(when they were Navistar) they had none.  R&P sets?  OIL PUMP?
Yeah, I would stash away one or two of those.  I asked about prices,
since I care not to buy the whole lot, nor do I care to pay top
dollar.  No answer yet.

This is where I ask you guys: Is IH/Navistar genuine stuff so rare
and of highest quality that I should pay regular (high) price.  I
mean, is a NAPA gasket set just as good, perhps moreso, given the
accrued shelf time of the IH part(s).  As for the fiche, they want to
keep that as long as they have the parts.  I could probably buy it if
the lot of parts went to another dealer who has his own fiche.  At
any case, it may be that only a very small percentage of the fiche is
Scout related, all of it difficult to read, impossible to copy
legibly, readily available somewhere-I-do-not-yet-know and requiring
me to beg-borrow-buy a reader!

Any thoughts, comments, tips, beer greatly appreciated!
Mark