Pertronix Kit for a 196 4 cylinder

I want to thank all of the Scout owners that provided info on converting an
8 cylinder Pertronix kit for a 4 cylinder.  If anybody wants to do this
conversion and needs some info feel free to e-mail  me.  I had a 196 4
cylinder with a Holley distributor (IH model 1510) and used Pertronix kit
#1481(clockwise rotation).  I had problems on the first install because my
ballast was cracked and the coil was on its way out.  After replacing the
coil (Accel Super Stock Universal) and the ceramic ignition ballast
everything ran smooth.  I cannot believe the difference; the vehicle drives
completely different.  I have had other kits on my other vehicles, but never
had an improvement this noticeable.  The best part is I will save 20 minutes
or more on tune-ups by not having to install or readjust points!

Matt _ SF