800 tire clearance

Remember that shackle lifts yield 1/2 the advertised lift so your 2" body
lift and 1" shackle would only be 2 1/2" and really it would likely be
less. Re arching springs will work ok if the springs are in decent shape to
begin with, unfortunately, my experience has been that most spring
companies want you to add a leaf to help maintain the new arch, invariably
that new leaf is a thick one that really serves as a long add-a-leaf. So
now your rate has been jacked up  and the springs don't work as well.
Someone (Matt?) posted recently that Alcan spring would build spring packs
from scratch for about $110 (?) a corner, to my mind that would be the way
to go. That price is about what it cost for rearching and adding a leaf
down here. Until the major companies start offering kits (still gonna be
$400) for the 80/800s I think the customs are the way to go. BTW I just put
11.5x32x15s on the 800 and it look just right, don't worry about rubbing
'cause it's so stiff, but it looks like they'll clear ok just in case.

anyway, my $.02

terry