Re: ihc-digest V6 #219

re:lifts
I run 33x9.50 bfg's on my scout with a set of 4" custom springs from benz
spring in seattle and custom extended shackles, some minor front fender
triming and a little more seriouse rear trimming, these tires do not rub in
front and not enough to worry about in the rear.   (Pictures of this can be
seen on flecks website.)  if i had new body bushings instead of my
deteriorated originals i would not rub in the rear.  these springs work
really well and flex better than trailmasters.
I actually ran 33x9.50s with stock springs and extended shackles for 4
months before I could afford my lift, there was severe rubing on sharp
corners and on bumps.  Although it was very noisy offroad the tires did not
suffer too much extra wear