Tuffy console

Matt-
I have a Tuffy console in my '78. Very strong, very tight, waterproof,
with a big armrest on top. I've been camping a bunch of times with the
softtop on and felt no worry in locking down my camera, lenses, spare
keys, wallet, etc. with the top down. (I also live in Baltimore City,
and sleep well at night knowing my tools are locked down in there.)
There are two models, the Deluxe, I think, and the Series II. I got the
Series II which means there's no seperate compartment for your reciever.
The Deluxe(?) has a compartment up front which holds a regular sized
reciever in a lockdown case.
look at www.tuffyweb.com for pics and info. Talk to Erick at East Coast
Scouts about installation (he put mine in the day before I left for the
Outer Banks cause I didn't have enough time.) I think it was pretty
strightforward.
If I had my Scout with me today I'd take a digital pic or two for you...

HTH
(PS sorry if I blew a sale for you Dennis...)
Bill D.

> so i need something to keep stuff
> locked up in.
>    Thanks,
>       Matt Cason
Hi Matt,
 Where are you located?I have a spare that is green and in good shape.I
don't have a key for it though.I think others have used a Tuffy brand
console with much success.Some will step up with a part # for the
Tuffy.I
saw one at Carlisle and thought it was a very tough looking unit.

                            Have fum!
                            Dennis

--
Bill Dugan