Re: 800 disks

Greg wrote:
>i realize i have picked your brains about this conversion--i just have
one point i would like clarifed. when i put the chevy 4x4 stuff in the
front end with my open knuckles what do i grind and about how much
material should i remove.  i am planning on going with chevy calipers
etc and scout 2 rotors.  tia<

Greg,

  If you have open knuckles you may not have to grind at all.  On the other
hand, if you have the stock 800 closed knuckles, you will have to grind or
machine clearance for the caliper.  How much and where to grind is obvious
(and easy) once you do a trial bolt-up.

  Maybe I should do a write up for the FAQ on 800 closed knuckle disk
conversion.  The conversion in the FAQ by John Comer (sp) only deals with
open knuckle S II Dana 30's.  The closed knuckle is a whole different
animal.

Doug, loving those front disks more every drive.