Re: Engine Compression Test Help?

>Hello,
>Can someone direct email me details on how to perform a proper
>engine compression test.  I want to do it this day, so direct email
>will help me most.

The procedure explained to me by digesters...

Run the motor hot.

Yank all of the spark plugs.

Insert compression tester in a plug hole, crank it 3 or 4 times... 'till the
pressure stops going up.  There's your reading.

As Joe said, just a dab of oil in the cylinder, repeat, and that'll help
explain bad rings.

I put the oil in the cylinder and spun the motor w/o the plug in once or
twice.. to avoid any chance of hyro-locking.

-Tom