speakers

First, I'm not much of a stereo expert, but I've never let a lack of
subject matter knowledge deter me from offering expert advice. so when Tom
said:
>It maybe possible to screw some typical hose-clamps into the speaker box,
>and then put the clamp around the rollbar... how's that for low-buck?
>
>- -Tom
I thought I'ld offer up the easiest solution I've found so far, that is the
weather resistant box speakers that are available from Whitney, Damark,
Radio shack, etc (I think KLH makes them?) overall about 6x9 with either 3
or 5 smallish speakers in an aluminum box. The sound is adequate,
especially in a noisy environment, they mount ala a CB radio (I have used
the hose clamp approach for years), and they're cheap! For good thumpeta
thumpeta bass you'll have to go elsewhere but these work for most
applications. I have also used a cheapo sound bar across the roll cage in
front, it works ok, it's adjustable for width and it is also very easy. I
got one from whitney (the cheap one, not the steel horse mega dollar job)
and needed to silicone the screws in after a few weeks, it's also sort of
tinny sounding, but it is cheap, easy and out of the way.

See, knowing what you're talking about isn't required, or even a good thing!

terry