Re: Spark plug wires (new)

"Dirtball" wrote:
Speaking of wires...

Has anyone found a place that has IH specific wires?  I've seen several
posts where using universal wires was mentioned, but none that I can
remember where IH specific wires were mentioned.

If there are none, has anyone tried Ford or Mopar big block wires?  With
the engine size being close to the same and with the distributor in the
front, I would think there would be at least a close fit here.  It would
also seem to give a better selection of better wires than the universals
do.<

Paul,

I got a set of universal wires from Summit Racing.  8mm spiral woundTaylor
wires, around $50.  These appear to be very high quality.   I was leary of
the universal sets where you have to cut to fit.  Not any more.  It's neat
being able to route the wires however you like and cutting to length.
Easy.  I ordered bright red with those little plastic wire spacers.  Makes
a neat appearing under-hood.

Doug