Re[2]: half-cab headliner

Hey, thanks! Any other details would
definately be appreciated. If you can scan
photos to e-mail me, that would be great too.
BTW, is your Scout a full top or a half-cab?
If it's a half-cab, how did you run your
wiring? As I said, any details...

        Rich,

        Details, details:  my Scout is a full top, and putting in the 4x8
sheet required cutting 11" off the length.  The spacing between my plastic
side panels in the top was 45", so I attached the headliner first (using,
as I found out at Nationals, very similar/same screw locations as were used
by the factory.  I used the side panels to support the sides of the
headliner.

        As for wiring:  before I fastened the liner to the hard top, I cut
a 1.5" hole where I was going to locate my dome light and ran some wires
which I still haven't finished hooking up.  I added a dome light
(originally from the truck, but toward the back) by attaching it to yet
another piece of painted wood, and attaching that wood to the headliner
right over the 1.5" hole I had cut.  (The wires were right there where I
had left them.)  For now, the wires come from the headliner by the driver's
windshield pillar, and along with the CB speaker wire, are just duct taped.
 One of these days I may put some flex-loom around them.

        Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures to scan in (nor do I have
a scanner).

        Hope this helps.  Good luck!

        Joe Costanzo
        '79 Scout II