Roll Cage

Any digesters not on the road or in the air....

Got the front cage welded together and bolted in, now I need to pad some of the areas for safety and comfort.  I have some padding and the lace on naugahide covers but to tell the truth I find that lacing the covers on is a PITA, I would rather wrap it in tape or something.
Anyone have a recommendation for wrap/tape that will stand up to the weather? Duct tape will last about a year before it starts to fall apart so something more durable is needed.
At RMIHR I saw some cages wrapped with what looked like rubber but did not have the foresight to ask what it was and where to get it.
TIA
Willy
77 SS II