Re: Sunday adventure/PS hose

Tom Harais wrote:

> Darrel:
>
> For PS hose, look up an industrial supply store, a hydraulic hose and/or
> bearing shop or maybe even your local NAPA dealer. Take your old hose
> with you. Any of these can custom make a PS pressure hose. They have the
> fittings, the crimping machine and the hydraulic hose.
>
> Tom H.
Guys-

I had the PS hose problem about two months ago, and had a hell of a time
getting a new hose!  I went to Anything Scout and got one that had the
right fittings but wasn't long enough.  Got one long enough but had the
wrong fittings.  Found out that all three that I had at that point were
too old and couldn't be put on any hose that anyone in the East Bay
still carried, supposedly, but then I found an industrial hose place
that did it, put on the modern equivalent of the old fittings that were
INFINITELY easier to cinch up so that they don't leak, and the hose
"seemed" very thick and sturdy.  Usually you can just tell when things
are new by their weight/pliability, but with this, it seemed very
stout-just like the old one.  Anyway, if any of you have troubles with
finding one, I will get you the phone number of this guy-just mail me
and let me know.  It was about $35.00 or so, but, once again, my
particular model-'68 1100 series T'all seemed to be an oddball year.  I
got a hose from a '65 PU that had was considerably too short and one
from a Scout that had different fittings.  I doubt if any of you will
have the same level of problems finding one-just my luck!

Michael