Rear doors on a '69-'75 Travelall

Hi, Joel.

>The gates in 69 to 75 Travelalls have a torsion bar that runs through
>the bottom of the gate to the left hand side of the truck to
>support/couterweight the gate.

This is the same on the pre-'69 Travelalls: the torsion bar is there, and
it will close the tailgate all by itself, when the glass isn't in the
tailgate!

>Unbelieveable about the travelall you've seen before.  I want the rear
>doors, and I have only seen two in 15 years that had them.  I am in the
>process of procuring a set of doors, we'll see if it pans out.

Well, the one that I'm talking about is in a junk yard--so you just
might be able to *get* those doors (I can't remember if you're in
Colorado...).  Actually, I am now (of course) not quite *positive*
that it had doors, but I do think that it did.  I also don't remember the
condition they (the back doors) were in, but nothing terrible about
them sticks out in my memory....  I will be making a trip up there (to
the junk yard) some time in the next few weeks (or, maybe, months), and
will be glad to check for you, if you wish.

Good luck!

PB Schechter
pb@domain.elided