Re: Power valve?/ daul ignition system/grany gear

> Hey!  mine does that too. What the heck is a power valve and where is it
located?

My bad.  Power valve is inside the carb, and simply works off vacuum.  Our
problem is the accelerator pump, which is attached to the linkage in a
manner, and can be adjusted.

>    All this talk of ignition systems makes me think, How hard would it be
to install a msd instead of a gold box , but hook it up with some realys and
an in cab swich so that you

Bzzt.  Goldbox & MSD are not interchangeable.  The goldbox and trigger the
MSD, but the MSD w/o goldbox (in a goldbox equipped truck) won't work.

>could swich back and forth between gold box and msd? there would be
multiple advantages to this:

Also, doesn't the MSD change the timing?

Here's a thought I've been contemplating for my '72 304 in '77 chassis
(which should be in this weekend)

It's an original points setup that works now.

Step 1) drop a Pertronix Ignitor in it.  Keep points in the glovebox.  Don't
worry about dwell and gap again!

Step 2) add an MSD, adjustable timing, 4500rpm limiter (lower?), etc.
triggered by the Pertronix

I then have 4 levels of ignition to choose from.

Best would be Pertronix running MSD
Second best would be Points running MSD (Pertronix fails)
Third - Pertronix alone (MSD fails)
fourth - back to the old points stand by.

>    Any body out there have a T19 wide W/ 2.73's  I have a wide T19 with

Now. is that 3.73 or 2.72?

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
'72 and '77 Scout IIs