Help with overheating scout!!!!?!??!!!!

OK last week my scout started overheating on my way home from work and the
small radiator hose brokw and antifreeze went everywhere. So I replaced the
hose and new clamps and drove it agian the next day and it overheated but that
time out of the hose only air came out, so I tighned it downand the air
stopped, then the next day I drove it again and it overheated but this time I
opened the hood and it seemed fine but just hot. I checked the radaitor cap
and it was cold....what's up with that? Does anyone know what could be the
problem? Any help would be greatly apprecitated. Please reply to
xxfwmxx@domain.elided
Thanks,
   Matt Cason