Re: Help with overheating scout!!!!?!??!!!!

Matt,

If the engine is hot and the radiator is cold you are *way* short on
water.  Seriously fill the radiator.

When I fill a cooling system I always add a Prestone flushing kit tee
somewhere near the firewall, or heater.  Up High, to let air out.  When I
fill I put a piece of clear plastic hose (hardware store item with garden
hose female fitting on the end) on the flushing tee.

Then as I fill I have someone hold the hose straight up.  This lets air
out the block.  when I have all it will take, it shows up in the clear
hose, I suck **very gently** on the clear hose and usually quite a bit of
air will bubble out ot the block.  Keep this up till no longer effective.

Then run the engine through one heat/cool cycle and remove the radiator
cap and top it up.  Keep it up till it no longer needs any water.  May
take a week or two.  Maddening sometimes.

Steve

Steven A. Stegmann
     _/_/_/    _/      _/_/_/ "No free man shall ever be debarred the use
   _/    _/   _/_/   _/    _/  of arms.  The strongest reason for the
   _/        _/ _/   _/        people to retain the right to keep and bear
    _/_/    _/  _/    _/_/     arms is, as a last resort, to protect
       _/  _/_/_//       _/    themselves against tyranny in government"
 _/_/_/  _/     _/ _/_/_/         Thomas Jefferson, June 1776