Re: Help with overheating scout!!!!?!??!!!!

Steve:

> Then as I fill I have someone hold the hose straight up.  This lets air
> out the block.  when I have all it will take, it shows up in the clear
> hose, I suck **very gently** on the clear hose and usually quite a bit of
> air will bubble out ot the block.  Keep this up till no longer effective.

Not a bad idea! Lot's of the newer cars where the top of the radiator is
set lower than the top of the head or engine block, like my Honda, have
a provision vis-a-vis a valve mounted at a high point on the block or
head that is used to bleed air from the cooling system after a
flush/refill. You wouldn't believe how many "professional mechanics"
I've queried who don't know about this or think it is important. Truth
is, air will get caught in the high points of the head and you won't get
as stable head temperatures on the aluminum head as the manufacturer
intended unless you get that air out.

Oh well. It's as Landry likes to say, "Read the manual!"

Tom H.