Re: Hard Starting T'all

Guys:

I'm pretty sure a little research will show that yes, your float bowl(s)
are emptying probably helped along by fuel boiling after a hot shutdown.
The accelerator pump will still have a "shot" inside the cylinder. But
pump it several times. There is not enough fuel to refill it and provide
multiple "squirts".

I have the same thing going on in my motorhome. I find that if I turn
the electric fuel pump on, I can hear the carb bowls fill and then shut
off and it will start instantly.

My Scout does this too. And, it will even do it cold. The bowl will
empty (Holley 2210C) in about a day of cold weather after shut down.
But, I can find no internal or external leaks, nor a vent large enought
to allow for vaporization. And yet, that 100cc or so of fuel is going
somwhere.

I've always figured bad design. :-) It's sort of like the "sock monster"
that inhabits every dryer I've owned.

Tom H.