Changing lanes-another method

>And John, if you need to change lanes in rush hour, just start swerving

>erradicly.  Folks will gladly move over.

Thanks for the excellent advice Ken.  I'll be sure and do that with a
crazed look in my eye and slobber dripping from my mouth.  Then again, I

could always just start waving a gun out the window.  This would get me
lots of room in the adjacent lanes *and* have the added benefit of
having
speedy assistance from the state patrol! <grin>

Or, you can do what my friend Chris did a few years ago in our friend
Pat's Traveller-
on the DC beltway, infamous for idiot drivers and road rage victims, we
were in the middle lane trying to merge right. Some yo-yo in an Explorer
would not let us get over- he sat right at about the 4 o'clock position
on Pat's right side, ignoring the blinker light which had been on for
some time. Chris rolled down the window, got up and leaned out the
window up to his waist, pointed at the spot in front of the guy and
yelled, "WE are going THERE!"
The guy, whose eyes were about as big as his hubcaps, meekly slowed and
let us into the lane.

--
Bill Dugan
bdugan@domain.elided