Re: Alternator Pulley

>How is that new alternator pulley working out? What about the width
>differnce, if any, from the original IHC pulley? It is a double pulley,
>right?

Hi Tom:

Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to run my Scout since I installed the
new pulley.  I'm doing some wiring mod's. to it at the same time and it's
been a slow project.

The pulley is a double pulley like the original and it has the same
dimensions to the center of the belts from the fan blade as the original.
The original pulley had wider flares? than this one so the belts sat
deeper in the pulley.  The belts on the new pulley sit flush with the
flange.  Taking that into consideration you get a net reduction in pulley
diameter of about 1/2".   I've been too lazy to figure out what kind of RPM
increase that gives me.

One nice thing about this stout machined pulley is that you can grab it on
the edge with a large slip joint plier and tighten the axle nut that way.  I
wrapped the pliers in a rag so I wouldn't gouge up the edge of the pulley
and it worked great.

Incidently I am doing some mod's. to my Scout ala John Landry.  I've
added a remote starter solenoid and rewired all the battery cable with "2"
Ga. cable.  I'm also adding a remote fuse block in the engine bay to
connect my new headlights to.  The headlights are high power H4's and
are being run through relays which are being switched by the original
headlight wiring.  Hopefully I'll be done soon and can let you know the
results of my alternator adventures.

Talk to you soon,

Jim