Metro for sale cheap

My wife says get it out of the driveway!

OK, here's the scoop. I have a 1955 IH Metro that was converted to a
camper in the late sixties. The registration and title are current. It
belonged to a friend who passed away ten years ago. His wife sold it to
me last year after it had sat unused since his death. I thought it would
be a good project for my teenage son. My son and his best friend spent
time getting it running (sort of). Not to make too much of a morbid
story...but my sons friend was killed in a car crash and my son has lost
interest in the truck.

Here are the particulars.

1955 Metro, licensed as a 1965 "housecar"
220 ci IH six cylinder
auto trans (allison?)
roll-up rear door with step bumper
stove, fridge, sink, cabinets, bunks
some rust on front of cab, none on frame
starts, runs, no smoke
needs generator rebuild (brushes...bearings ok)
water pump leaks, radiator is fine
tires hold air but are rotted and not road worthy

It's a bit tired, but a little work would put it on the road.
$300
It's in San Leandro, CA just south of Oakland.

Bob Frey
510-632-8246
frey@domain.elided