RTI Revealed . . .

On Mon, 10 Aug 1998, "Bill Thebert" <bthebert@domain.elided> wrote:
<snip>
>All that said, I've given these calculations considerable thought, and
here
>are just a few observations that I have on the matter:
>
>"Track Width" seems to me like it would play a bigger role in determining
>one's score on the ramp than would wheelbase -- yet this isn't factored
>into the equation at all.
<snip>
> I'm not sure I see why "long rigs" are
>"handicapped" as they are, according to the customary calculation.

I think it is because length, width, and suspension travel come into play.

In most cases the longer vehicles don't have the same proportionate
width as the shorties.

The proportions seem to have a lot to do with it, but so do real numbers.
Bigger vehicles need more measured articulation to get the same
proportionate articulation.  But their suspensions don't have much more
travel.

In other words, a stock 100" Scout would RTI the same as a Scout built at
118%
scale, but better than a Traveler.  Because only the Traveler's wheelbase
is
118%, everything else is 1:1.

Bob
77 Scout II