Re: starting woes: Epilogue

I have to say that the 'ol Scout has been good to me. I've never had that
experience. However, last Saturday, I was on my way to work and I noticed
the temp was quite high. Uh, oh, fan belt. Pulled over on the freeway and
poped the hood. Nope. Decide to limp to the next exit. As I drive there, I
mentally catalog what stuff I have on hand. Toolkit, check. Silicone RVT,
check. Rags, check. Hand cleaner, check. Gallon of antifreeze, check.
So I find a place at a gas station that is out of everyone's way and park. I
let the motor idle while a curse a little and tap the guage to make sure it
isn't stuck. Then I proceed to say the magic words: "Damnit, Scout, don't
let me down right now"
All of a sudden the temp guage starts to go down slowly. I let it idle for a
while and proceed to drive 30 more miles to work.
Obviously, it was a stuck thermostat, but sometimes I wonder where the
trusty steed's central nervous system is.