Re: starting woes: Epilogue

On Sun, 8 Mar 1998, Daniel Nees wrote:

>    As a sort-of side note, for all you single guys out there (Tom
> doesn't count any more), what do you say when you are out on a date with
> a girl and your normally very reliable Scout turns on you and you have
> to get out and do a screw driver through the solinoid trick or something
> like that?

Well, I'll throw in my $.02 any how..

Yesterday, Julie and I stopped at Blockbuster (after driving for 2 or so
hours.. drove over to Lincoln for the first time - no, we didn't go see
Ted's cabin, nor did we find the restaurant selling the UnaBurger).

Went to leave Blockbuster, and I hit the starter.. WHIRRRRR.. that
horrendous sound that some moron's just tried to start a running motor..
but the motor wasn't running!

Julie started laughing.. I admit it, I barked back at her that it was NOT
very funny.. a bit more angrily than I should have.. but by then I had
tried it TWICE and it did the SAME thing.. not the kind of thing that
puts me in a great mood anyhow..

Third time's the charm.

It's just a sore (very sore) spot when my truck acts up.. I get enough
ribbing from her about how her little Honda is worth more and is "better"
than all four of my trucks together..

Of course, OTOH, she was asking me if I'd let her take my Scout around
town tomorrow.. and she's started calling it "her" Scout.. a bit too soon
for my taste (haven't touched the '72 yet)..

-Tom