Re: Towing a Scout ---- Questions

Towing a 4700 lb Scout with a 4100 Ford Exploder is a bad
idea.  You need the tow vehicle to be heavier than the towed
vehicle.  ...ESPECIALLY if the towed vehicle has no brakes.
I towed my Scout from San Fran to Salt Lake with a half-ton
Suburban.  Even the with the Sub, the ride was spooky on the
long downhills.  If you're towing all uphill, or all flat,
no downhill, and you keep it slow, you might get home in one
piece.  Keep the speed below the "Threshold of Control"
speed.  I'd guess not more than 45 mph.  Besides, the brakes
on the Exploder are too small even to control the Exploder
by itself.

Doug