Question: Fuel Line from gas tank to engine compartment

Howdy all,

I need some more info on the Gas Tank Installation Saga.  What type of
fuel line is used to go from the rear of the Scout to the Front of the
Scout?  I know that a rubber fuel line is used from the fuel sender to a
line.  But what is that line?  Is it rubber?  Plastic?  Aluminum?
Steel?  I don't know what the previous owner did, but it looks like I am
supposed to hook up the rubber line to a Plastic? line that runs rear to
front.  I thought this was the line used for the gas evap system.  Any
one want to give me their view?  I hope to finish the installation
tonight.  All I have to do is hook up the fill neck and the hoses to the
vent/overflow system, and tighten up the mount bolts.  I really need to
know if this plastic line was the one to use.

Thanks

Epp

PS  when I bought this terra, the previous owner had removed the tank
and done some interesting plumbing for the fuel system, so I am not sure
what should be what.