Re: Question: Fuel Line from gas tank to engine compartment

>Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 09:09:17 -0600
>From: "Eppinger.Michael" <Eppinger.Michael@domain.elided>
>Subject: Question: Fuel Line from gas tank to engine compartment

>Howdy all,

>I need some more info on the Gas Tank Installation Saga.  What type of
>fuel line is used to go from the rear of the Scout to the Front of the
>Scout?  I know that a rubber fuel line is used from the fuel sender to a
>line.  But what is that line?  Is it rubber?  Plastic?  Aluminum?
>Steel?  I don't know what the previous owner did, but it looks like I am
>supposed to hook up the rubber line to a Plastic? line that runs rear to
>front.  I thought this was the line used for the gas evap system.  Any
>one want to give me their view?  I hope to finish the installation
>tonight.  All I have to do is hook up the fill neck and the hoses to the
>vent/overflow system, and tighten up the mount bolts.  I really need to
>know if this plastic line was the one to use.
>
>Thanks
>
>Epp

  Epp,

   The fuel lines used on the Scout's are Nylon air brake tubing.  This
tubing has a tough inner, and outer layer of nylon with a braid of nylon
fibers in between layers. This stuff works great for fuel lines, it is
not affected by chemicals, and additives in the fuel. It is flexible, and
tough. it will not dry out or crack from heat or old age like rubber, or
plastic. it does not rust, or corrode like steel, or aluminum. It is very
inexpensive, and easy to work with. It has very good resistance to
vibration, and abrasion.

   Nylon air brake tubing is available in sizes from 1/8"- 3/4", and can
be found at heavy truck dealers, and repair shops. Also at brake parts
suppliers, and industrial hose suppliers.

  For the connections to the fuel pump, and fuel tank, a short section of
rubber fuel hose is used. The rubber hose fits on the OD of the nylon
tubing.

  Good luck

Eldon McFarling
Ceresco, NE
'80 Scout II Turbo Diesel
Eldon_McF@domain.elided
IH SCOUT DIESEL PAGE    http://members.aol.com/EldonMcf/scoutd.html

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]