RE: Rocker Arms

Hey Mark,
On the 392 that I rebuilt, the rocker arms and the mounts just slid on
the shaft.  the end pieces hold the shaft by the mount bolts that go
into the head itself.  I am not saying that this will all "just" slide
apart.  I soaked the rocker arm assembly in thinner for a day to loosen
up all the crap holding it togeather.  Then did a lot of twisting and
pulling by hand to remove the mounts.  I tagged each piece as I removed
it, so I would get it back together the same way.  The shaft should be
drilled on the bottom so the oil can "drip" out to lube the bottom of
the rockers.  I will double check the notch thing when I get home.
Priming them is no problem, when you reassemble everything, just coat
everything with oil and assembly lube.  (this is what I did)  If you got
a coat of oil on everything, it will be just like it is when you
normally start up your motor, since all the oil drains back to the pan.

I hope this helps,  If you have more questions feel free to ask.

Epp
74 Scout II
76 Terra
78 Traveler (parts is parts)
75 Travelall (parts for sale or whole thing)
75 Travelall another one (parts for sale or whole thing)
Member ScouTenn
"The end does not justify the means"