Nylocks and shackles

Hi all,

The Rancho springs on my Traveler were installed with rubber
bushings and Nylocks probably near the time the truck was
purchased.  When I changed them, the rear bushings were
completely gone, and all the parts were nicely rusted.  The
nylock nuts were firmly in place.  I wouldn't ever re-use
one, but they seem to work pretty well.  I'd rather have the
all steel locknuts, but they weren't available at Eagle.
I'll probably replace the nylocks with all-steel ones later.
I've been driving on the nylocks and ProThanes (now in my
Scout II) for two years now without problems.

Doug
'78 Scout
'78 Traveler