Springs

Looking at my new springs sitting in the garage, I finally realized how much
longer the rear springs are vs. the front.

Which got me to thinking to that TTC Suspension article in FourWheeler..
seems almost everyone there was running longer than stock springs..

If I reverse my front shackle, and use a buggy-spring for the rear shackle
mount, I can pretty much place my rear shackle mount *anywhere* along the
frame.. as far back as I'd like.. within reason.

This would also result in some "lift" since the rear shackle would be under
the flat part of the frame, vs. the "curved" section that the rear end of
the front springs usually sits at.

The Scout II uses 2" wide springs, right?  I wonder if any other trucks use
something similar, but LONGER.. things like Spring Rate and such would need
to be worked out, and a new center-pin, etc...

But one could use a much longer than stock spring (44" for stock?) in the
front...

LIft:

I did make some "before" measurements...

'77 Scout II, heavy duty springs, 4cyl, 3spd.

I measured 32" from the hood to the center of the front hubs.

33" (or was it 32"?) from the body tub / hardtop line to the center of the
rear hubs.

3.5" of room between the front axle and the bump stop bracket.
3" in back.  (or is that reversed?  I have the numbers outside in the truck..)

-Tom