Re: Skyjacker Kit

>> Umm.. also got two little Energy Suspension boxes with the frame/shackle
>> bushings.. again, 2-piece with steel sleeve.  These even came with the
grease!

>Also pick up some extra grease,the smidgin that is in the little squeeze
>tube is just not enough to get inside and outside of the
>bushings,sleeves,spring eyes .....

Any special type of grease I need to buy?  I'm not sure what the stuff they
included is...  or do I just ask my friends at NAPA and they'll know what I
need? :-)

>But seriously two people makes this job go faster.
>My brother in law and I did the job over 4hrs on lazy sunday.

4hrs?  I didn't think it would take me *that* long.. but then again, I
*always* under-estimate my time requirements..

I figured I'd jack up one corner at a time, use the Hi-lift to raise the
body/frame, put the jack stand under it, then put my floor jack under one
side of the axle tube.

Remove the tire, and let it hang down a bit (still on the jack).

Then start hitting bolts with the impact.. lower shock mounts first, then
the four U-bolts, then the spring bushing bolts.

Toss the old springs aside.

Figure out how to get the old shackle/frame bushing out, finish removing the
old shock, and then do the opposite..

4hrs?  I'll keep that in mind (as I set my alarm clock for 6am...)

Here I was going to do it last night.. starting at about 9pm....

>You will love the ride!The truck will soak up bumps instead of crashing
>over them.

I'm hoping the speed bumps at the local college won't hit quite so hard at
30+mph.. :-)

Anything has to be better than the shot bushings and shocks it has now..

Thanks!

-Tom