Re: Shackle bushings

>Since I'm replacing the springs, getting the old bushings out is not a
>problem.. but what about the shackle to frame bushings?  Are those going
>to be a problem for me?  Do I need to use a torch, or the "bolt n'
>washer' home made press?
>
>Anyhow.. time for bed.. long day tomorrow, and I want to be up early
>Saturday!
>
>- -Tom Mandera, Helena MT

Tom, I hate using a torch in that situation. I suggest bolt, nut,
washers, and sockets. I put in polys a few months ago, and pressing out
the old bushings was easy once I found the right combination. If you
decide to go this way, use the hardest bolt and nut you can find, as I
found that I could pull the threads right off a regular hardware store
bolt which I guess is grade 3 or so. Undoubtedly, my impact wrench
contributed to early thread demise. I had some grade 8's which did the
job.

Whose kit has Heckerthorn shocks and are they supposed to be cream of the
crop now?
John

John Hofstetter  "Ol'Saline's Web Site" www.goldrush.com/~hofs
Life Member, National Rifle Association     California Rifle and Pistol
Asc.
Member, Sierra Macintosh Users Group  Member, MacTwain Macintosh Users
Group
Charter Member, FRIENDS OF DEATH VALLEY   Member, Blue Ribbon Coalition
Life Member, Association of California School Administrators
Owner of 79 Scout Terra "It's a legend"