Re: Dana=Spicer?

On Fri, 13 Feb 1998 gehl@domain.elided wrote:

> Two questions:
> Do Dana 300 transfer cases have aluminium cases?

Yep

> Is the Dana 20 TC also known as a Spicer 20?

... ehh, yes and no.  Technically, the company is Dana-Spicer.

BUT, some folks use "Spicer 20" to denote the Bronco Dana 20, and Dana 20
for the Scout II and Jeep Dana 20.

The Bronco Dana 20 doesn't seem to share a whole lot with the Scout/Jeep
Dana 20s... the Bronco has the 2.46:1 gears, and is a left drop, while
the Scout is 2.0:1 and right drop.  I'm not sure about the pattern, but I
think it's different as well.

-Tom