Engine Swap

Hey, Fellow IH'ers-
This is probably a question that has been covered a million times, but I
haven't seen it lately and it is something I would like to print out and
save for the future.
What engines in the IH line can be switched with what other engines
without needing a converter of some sort?  I love the older body
style-80 or 800, but would like to put a 345/392 in one.  I had been
told at one point in time that they were all pretty mush interchangeable
from the early or mid-60's up.  When I was looking for an engine for my
T'all, though, with an original 345, I was told to shy away from the
392.  I know this was either a little wider or deeper (or both) and had
to have the "notched" frame to fit it in, but did it still have the same
transmission bolt pattern?  This would be my main concern, as I know the
engine compartment in the older body style was smaller but could be
worked with.  However, I don't want ot have to go through Advanced
Adaptors and pay a fortune for one of their pieces.  Of course, the
other question that goes along with this would be concerning engine
mounts.  Are these all the same as well, or do they change?  I assume
these could be covered on a FAQ somewhere, but I don't really play this
computer game enough to even know where to look.  Anyway, basically
dealing with '61 and newer light line vehicles, if anyone has this info
or can tell me where to find it, I would greatly appreciate it!
Thanks!
Michael