Re: Vacuum Brake Booster Repair

On Mon, 26 Jan 1998, John A. Landry wrote:

> Has anyone ever got up enough guts to try and disassemble one of the
> IH dual diaphragm vacuum brake boosters?

Based on John Strickler's response, if one has the guts to start the
job, they may not have them when it's done. :)

Seriously, though...  I'm thinking of converting mine to a GM
Hydra-Boost to save a little room in the engine compartment, and I think
the master cylinder needs a rebuild anyway.  Somewhere I saw a web page
detailing how someone had done the switch in a Scout.

On the other hand, since I paid $105 for a new vacuum pump on my diesel
engine, maybe I oughta just keep the vacuum booster.. :)

Daniel Youngquist / dany@domain.elided / 541-688-9263 //  VISA & MasterCard
* HOMESTEAD PRODUCTS                    http://www.teleport.com/~dany/mill
  Grain mills, water filters, quality simple lifestyle & outdoors products
* INTERNET MEMORY EXCHANGE  Computer Memory  http://www.teleport.com/~dany
"'Necessity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.  It is
 the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." - William Pitt, 1783