Re: Vacuum Brake Booster Repair

On Mon, 26 Jan 1998, Daniel Youngquist wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Jan 1998, John A. Landry wrote:
>
> > Has anyone ever got up enough guts to try and disassemble one of the
> > IH dual diaphragm vacuum brake boosters?
>
> Based on John Strickler's response, if one has the guts to start the
> job, they may not have them when it's done. :)
>
> Seriously, though...  I'm thinking of converting mine to a GM
> Hydra-Boost to save a little room in the engine compartment, and I think
> the master cylinder needs a rebuild anyway.  Somewhere I saw a web page
> detailing how someone had done the switch in a Scout.
>
> On the other hand, since I paid $105 for a new vacuum pump on my diesel
> engine, maybe I oughta just keep the vacuum booster.. :)
>
> Daniel Youngquist / dany@domain.elided / 541-688-9263 //  VISA & MasterCard
> * HOMESTEAD PRODUCTS                    http://www.teleport.com/~dany/mill
>   Grain mills, water filters, quality simple lifestyle & outdoors products
> * INTERNET MEMORY EXCHANGE  Computer Memory  http://www.teleport.com/~dany
> "'Necessity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.  It is
>  the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." - William Pitt, 1783
 Hey Dan,
 On my 1983 GMC diesel 1t van the brakes are hydro boosted.I have not seen
the 6.2 in any other vehicles so I can comment on those.The hydro boost on
the van is very small in comparison to the standard vac booster on the
Scouts.I will post some dimensions tomorrow after I look at the van
tonite.How is that 6.2 working in your Scout anyway?I have a spare lying
around,so I was just wondering.

                  Have Fun!
                  75II,345,727,ac
                  83GMC,6.2,t400,ac