Re: Front Shackle Bar

On Sun, 11 Jan 1998 15:30:31 -0600 (CST) Steve Grossman
<grossman@domain.elided> writes:
>ADDCO -(major sway bar manufacturer) makes a "real" sway bar for
>Scouts up to '79 (when IHC added the plate between the shackles).

A clarification--the sway bar between the front shackles became standard
on 1/1/74.  If I remember correctly,  a big part of the reason this was
added was not as much to improve handling as it was to eliminate a front
wheel shimmy problem that was happening part of the time when there was
insufficient friction in the ball joints to dampen out this tendency.
The dampening action by the bar helped to stop the interaction between
the two wheels.

I don't see any reason the ADDCO sway bar won't work on 1980's as well as
I can't think of any difference in the chassis that would not allow it to
work.